Develops student skills in and understanding of publishing and editing, and knowledge of related historical, ethical and legal issues. Students will be introduced to print- and screen-based editing and publishing, and the communication, language, technical and project-management skills to edit and publish texts in context. Intended as a second/third-year unit. Extensive group work is required in this unit.
Module 1: Working as a writer
Module 2: Employment and the writer
Module 3: Writing and selling your original work
Module 4: The Publishing industry
Module 5: Communities of practice
Module 6: Editing your work
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||understand the different roles and responsibilities involved in editing and publishing|
|2||understand the Australian publishing landscape within a global context|
|3||understand the publishing industry's processes and structures and its associated ethics and legalities|
|4||reflect on the history of and current debates in publishing|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand the different roles and responsibilities involved in editing and publishing
- understand the Australian publishing landscape within a global context
- understand the publishing industry's processes and structures and its associated ethics and legalities
- reflect on the history of and current debates in publishing
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.