2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Guides students through contemporary theoretical debates about the relationship between written texts and circulation of meaning within cultures. Students will explore these theories in creative and critical work focused on ethics, authorship and language. Provides an Introductory chapter for students commencing with no literary studies background, and develops skills for writers re-entering tertiary education after an absence. Students will receive critical feedback integral to their writing practice.
1. Introduction: Summary of ideas
2. Meaning and the circulation of meaning within cultures
3. Cultural values and creative practice
4. The question of authorship/ethics
5. Power and ethics (intertext)
6. Language and resistance in a globalised world
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate the capability to explore theoretical issues in creative writing.|
|2||demonstrate cultural competence with an awareness of ethics, authorship and language.|
|3||explore theoretical concepts in creative writing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate the capability to explore theoretical issues in creative writing.
- demonstrate cultural competence with an awareness of ethics, authorship and language.
- explore theoretical concepts in creative writing.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.