Show me unit information for yearView previous years of our units
PG Coursework Unit
Faculty & College
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
Critically analyse the economic theory and policy objectives underpinning the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and assess the efficacy of the legislation in achieving these objectives
Apply advanced theoretical and technical competition law knowledge and skills, to solve emerging and/or advanced competition law problems
Identify and interpret the penalties and remedies available under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
Assess the appropriateness and implications of the investigation and enforcement powers of the ACCC.
Prescribed learning resources
- Bruce, A, 2021, Australian Competition Law, 4th edn, LexisNexis. ISBN: 9780409353457.
- Jurisprudentia, 2023, Competition Law I - Student Guide Cards, Jurisprudentia, Sydney. ISBN: 978-1-9256311-5-9.
- Jurisprudentia, 2023, Competition Law II - Student Guide Cards, Jurisprudentia, Sydney. ISBN: 978-1-9256311-6-6.
- Jurisprudentia, 2023, Competition Law III - Student Guide Cards, Jurisprudentia, Sydney. ISBN: 978-1-9256311-7-3.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.