Show me unit information for yearView previous years of our units
UG Coursework Unit
Faculty & College
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
show intermediate abilities to translate research and theory into practice through written and verbal communication modes
demonstrate intermediate understandings of the legal, ethical, cultural and professional frameworks through reflection on practice
demonstrate expanding midwifery knowledge, skills acquisition, attitudes, values and abilities to provide quality and safe midwifery care for women and babies
demonstrate a satisfactory level of progression towards the ANMAC Midwifery Professional Experiences (MPE) requirements
Teaching and assessment
Prescribed learning resources
- De-Vitry Smith, S., & Bayes, S., 2019, Skills for midwifery practice Australian & New Zealand edition, Elsevier, Chatswood, NSW.
- Pairman, S., Tracy, S. K., Dahlen, H., & Dixon, L., 2019, Midwifery: preparation for practice, 4th edn, Elsevier, Chatswood, NSW. ISBN: 9780729542678.
- Australian College of Midwives (2014). Midwifery Philosophy & Values. Available from: https://www.midwives.org.au/midwifery-philosophy-values
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (2021). The National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards (2nd ed.). Available from: https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/publications-and-resources/resource-library/national-safety-and-quality-health-service-standards-second-edition
- International Confederation of Midwives (2018). Code of ethics for midwives. Available from: https://www.internationalmidwives.org/assets/files/general-files/2019/10/eng-international-code-of-ethics-for-midwives.pdf
- Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia (2018). Code of Conduct for Midwives. Available from: https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Codes-Guidelines-Statements/Professional-standards.aspx
- Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia (2018). Midwife standards for practice. Available from: https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Codes-Guidelines-Statements/Professional-standards.aspx
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.