Show me unit information for yearView previous years of our units
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate intermediate performance techniques in an ensemble setting on an instrument or singing
apply intermediate-level rhythm section and vocal writing and arrangement techniques
apply intermediate-level music theory principles to ensemble practice and performance.
Prescribed learning resources
- No prescribed texts.
It is a workplace health and safety requirement that students must wear covered shoes in all studio areas in D Block.
All outside electrical equipment must be tagged and tested prior to use in the D Block studios.
Students are required to have access to personal instruments and practice equipment including:
- Voice: Microphone, metronome and manuscript paper.
- Bass: Bass guitar, lead, tuner, metronome and manuscript paper.
- Guitar: Guitar (acoustic or electric), lead, tuner, metronome and manuscript paper.
- Keys: Access to keyboard, metronome and manuscript paper.
- Drums: Drum sticks, brushes, practice pad, metronome and manuscript paper.
- Other: As prescribed by UA, ensemble directors and lecturer.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.