Show me unit information for yearView previous years of our units
PG Coursework Unit
Faculty & College
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
identify and analyse the role of play in learning and examine the challenges pertaining to play and pedagogies
discuss the diversity of approaches to pedagogies utilised in early childhood education and care, and how they position children, teachers and parents/carers
analyse the relationships between the philosophy, theory and pedagogy to learning environment for all young children (birth – 5 years)
critically reflect on personal philosophy to play and pedagogies for learning and teaching as an early childhood professional
Prescribed learning resources
- Robinson, C, Treasure, T, O'Connor, D, Neylon, G, Harrison, C, Wynne, S.,, 2018, Learning Through Play, Oxford University Press, South Melbourne. ISBN: 9780190304829.
Students are required to download a copy of the following documents:
1. Belonging, being & becoming: The early years learning framework for Australia (EYLF) from: https://www.acecqa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2023-01/EYLF-2022-V2.0.pdf
2. Educator's guide to the early years learning framework from: https://www.dese.gov.au/national-quality-framework-early-childhood-education-and-care/resources/educators-guide-early-years-learning-framework-australia
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.