You can use the following Self Service password management portals to change your password for security reasons or reset if you forget it. At Southern Cross University the majority of systems use the same password. This password is commonly referred to as the SCU Password.
Change your password
- Go to the Change Password Self Service portal
- Enter your current SCU password
- Enter a new SCU password
- Click on 'Change my Password'
Reset your password
If you have forgotten your SCU password you can re-set it online if you have up-to-date personal email address and/or mobile phone number recorded in MyHR.
- Go to the Reset Password Self Service portal
- Enter your SCU Username
- Tick the 'I’m not a Robot'
- Click the 'Send Verification Code'
- A verification code will be sent to your personal email address and your mobile phone number
- Continue in the Reset Password Self Service screen by entering the Verification Code
- Choose a new password
- Confirm the new password
- Click 'Reset my Password'
Passwords are important in ensuring the safety of information. Passwords are more effective if they are 'strong'. The following are best practice guidelines for managing your password:
- Change your password regularly, normally every 60-90 days is recommended.
- Use a "difficult to guess but easy to remember" password.
- Longer passwords are harder to crack. Use a password length of at least ten (10) characters.
- Mix it up. Use variations on capitalization, spelling, numbers, and punctuation. Include at least one upper case alpha and 1 numeric character in your password.
- Avoid using names, places, dictionary words.
- If you need to write your password down make sure it is kept in a safe place.
- Don't share or disclose your password with anyone.
- Norton's Password Information and Generator.