Staff intranet and MySCU
Go to the Change Password page (login required).
Go to the Change Email Password information.
Student and Finance systems
Please click on the 'forgotten password' link on login screen and follow the instructions to reset your password. A new password will be sent to your SCU email account.
If you have any problems, please contact the TS Service Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and the application for which you require an amended password. You will have to change your password the first time you log in after this change.
AD computer workstation
(On Campus Windows computers only)
When working on a Windows computer on campus, you will also need to regularly change your AD password.
Step 1. Login to a PC.
Step 2. When the computer has logged in, hold the Ctrl-Alt-Del keys. The Windows screen will appear.
Step 3. Click on the Change Password button. Type your current password into the Old Password field.
Step 4. Choose a new password and type it into the New Password field.
Step 5. Confirm your password by typing it again into the Confirm New Password field. Click OK. You will receive a confirmation message.
Please note that this password is also used for your wireless@scu access and email account.
Passwords are important in ensuring the safety of information. Passwords are more effective if they are 'strong'. The following are best practice guidelines for managing your password:
- Change your password regularly, normally every 60-90 days is recommended.
- Use a "difficult to guess but easy to remember" password.
- Longer passwords are harder to crack. Use a password length of at least ten (10) characters.
- Mix it up. Use variations on capitalization, spelling, numbers, and punctuation. Include at least one upper case alpha and 1 numeric character in your password.
- Avoid using names, places, dictionary words.
- If you need to write your password down make sure it is kept in a safe place.
- Don't share or disclose your password with anyone.
- Norton's Password Information and Generator.