Change or reset your password
Passwords are important in ensuring the safety of information. Passwords are more effective if they are 'strong'. The following are best practice guidelines for managing your password:
- Change your password regularly, normally every 60-90 days is recommended.
- Use a "difficult to guess but easy to remember" password.
- Longer passwords are harder to crack. Use a password length of at least ten (10) characters.
- Mix it up. Use variations on capitalization, spelling, numbers, and punctuation. Include at least one upper case alpha and 1 numeric character in your password.
- Avoid using names, places, dictionary words.
- If you need to write your password down make sure it is kept in a safe place.
- Don't share or disclose your password with anyone.
- Norton's Password Information and Generator.