1 billion people worldwide have disabilities
International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) is a United Nations observed day aimed at increasing public awareness, understanding and acceptance of people with disability. It is also about celebrating the contributions and achievements of people with disability and promoting inclusion.
It is an opportunity for our community to make positive changes to the lives of 4.4 million Australians with disability by joining the conversation about disability, challenging misconceptions and breaking down barriers.
Find out more: access the latest news, stories and resources. www.idpwd.com.au
Read about Student Equity & Inclusion team’s commitment to our students with a disability.
- Watch: Focus on Ability offers short films where film makers "Focus on the Ability" of people with a disability.
- 3 Easy Ways to Be More Inclusive of Deaf People
- What is Audism? 5 examples to learn and avoid
- 5 ways to make your online content more accessible
- Tips for Being Deaf-Aware
- What is WCAG and how to achieve web accessibility compliance