2021 scholarship applications NOW OPEN
Southern Cross University offers a range of scholarships for undergraduate (your first degree), postgraduate, Indigenous Australian students as well as international students. There are also scholarships available to help you study overseas for a short period as an international exchange student.
Scholarships currently range in value from $150 to $60 000 and the basis for selection varies widely.
Through our scholarships program, scholarships are made available by the Vice Chancellor, industry providers and generous donors who believe in the value of education. The Australian Government also provides scholarships.
While the selection criteria may differ, all scholarships are designed to recognise academic achievement, community involvement and leadership. They encourage student success as well as support students with demonstrated financial or other disadvantages.
All students are welcome to apply for a scholarship and the process is simple. First, use the Scholarships Finder to see if there are any scholarships for which you are eligible. Commencing students can apply once and be in the running for all eligible scholarships. Current student scholarship applications are made in My Enrolment and are specific to the relevant scholarships.
Need more information or have a question? Contact the Scholarships Office.
- 2020 Destination Australia Scholarship $15,000 per year over 4 years.
We are proud to announce our range of academic merit-based scholarships are on offer again in 2020.
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship $32,000* — for students with an ATAR of 90 or OP 5.
- 25th Anniversary Scholarship $7,500 — for students with ATAR of 85 or OP 7.
- Southern Cross Scholars $5,000 — for students with ATAR of 80 or OP 9.
Note: ATAR/OP scores are inclusive of a maximum of 10 adjustment factors.
* Based on a student undertaking a 4-year degree receiving $8,000 per annum. Students undertaking a 3-year degree will also receive $8,000 per annum, for a total scholarship worth $24,000.
Information for current recipients
For information on payment schedules, obligations and support services please see information for current scholarships recipients.
How to become a donor
The Scholarships program is made possible thanks to the support of many companies, individuals and trusts. If you would like to become a donor please visit the Giving at Southern Cross University section of the SCU website.