Welcome to Student Equity and Inclusion
We kindly ask that if you require support or have an inquiry relating to the Equity or Inclusion team to please phone using the numbers below.
Phone: 02 6620 3422
Inclusion Inquiries - Disability Support Service
Phone: 02 6626 9514
Equity and Inclusion provide the following services and programs committed to SCU’s ethos of being an inclusive and culturally safe work and study environment where all students and staff are valued. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to fostering a progressive learning community. We value our engagement across our varied communities and benefit from the knowledge, lived experience and perspectives they bring.
- LGBTIQ Ally Network: creating a staff network to support students of diverse genders and sexualities
- Inclusive University Programs: celebrating and acknowledging our diverse students and staff through a calendar of annual events
- School and Community Outreach: increasing access and widening participation in higher education
Inclusion: Disability Support Services
Facilitate and support reasonable adjustments for students with disability, short or long term medical conditions and mental health conditions including:
- Assessment and provision of advice on reasonable adjustments
- provision of inclusive technology and software
- provision of specialised equipment
- access to specialised educational support staff
- referral to internal or external support services
- pre-admission counselling and advice on inherent requirements
Fusion Festival 2021
Southern Cross University's Fusion Festival celebrates the diversity of our communities through, song, dance, cultural exchange and social connection.
For a preview of 2020's Fusion Festival.