Environmental Analysis Laboratory (EAL)
The Environmental Analysis Laboratory (EAL) specialises in a range of quality analytical services:
Operating since 1993, EAL is part of Southern Cross University (SCU), located at the Lismore campus.
Strong partnerships with SCU's Special Research Centres, and EALs flexibility and capacity to diversify, enables the laboratory to adopt new and innovative techniques as they are developed and tested, through ongoing research.
Management and staff have a strong commitment to quality assurance. EAL holds NATA accreditation for a wide range of tests. All analysis is backed by rigorous quality control procedures, with proven reproducibility through regular proficiency trials. EAL provides world-standard work in the shortest possible time frame, at commercially competitive prices. Full confidentiality and security are provided for all analytical work.
New 2021 price list now released
EAL has released its 2021 price list effective this month. The updated document expands upon existing services. In addition to the full analytical services price list, targeted price lists have been published to help navigate the range of analytical services.
To maintain EAL's commitment to excellent service, a new Admin/Project Fee applied to all sample submission forms, has been introduced in lieu of price rises to popular water, soil, plant and compost suites. Customer quotes will be honoured until expiry. The targeted price increases for physical and carbon soil analyses have been made to reflect the cost of providing this quality data.
The staff at EAL appreciate your continued business and the opportunity to provide a quality service.
We are OPEN for business. We plan to provide continuing service by changing staffing arrangements and maintaining additional, stringent lab protocols:
- We have reduced the number of staff in EAL at any one time
- This reduces the likelihood of transmission between lab staff and the number of staff directly impacted should any one fall ill
- We also have staff working from home, ready to move samples for booking and preservation in the event of a government forced lab shut down
- The lab is sterilised throughout the day to minimise the chance of viral transmission
- Excellent laboratory hygiene practices have always been a priority, we have further upgraded these for the current times
- Samples are now dropped off to an outside area and disinfected before further processing
- There is a strict policy of isolation on presentation of any illness
- While we are a support unit of a university, Southern Cross University is working hard to keep the campus open for critical sections, such as ours. All students are now studying offsite/online for the foreseeable future
- Deliveries to EAL have not been impacted by closure of state borders as there are no restrictions on postal service
- We are and will continue to adhere to all government health directives
We appreciate your support; please keep sending samples for analysis.
All specific actions related to significant changes in operations will be provided by SCU; we recommend you refer to this frequently for status updates.
T: (02) 6620 3678
F: (02) 6620 3957
Environmental Analysis Laboratory
Southern Cross University
East Lismore NSW 2480
ABN 41 995 651 524
Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm