The contact person listed on the advertisement can provide more information on the job requirements.
Read our Strategic Plan for details of the University's vision, mission, values and strategic goals
Make your application clear and concise, and fully address each of the selection criteria. Your curriculum vitaé (CV) or resumé should include
- Your personal details and contact information;
- Details of your previous employment, including your responsibilities and duties and month/year of each appointment;
- A summary of your educational qualifications and relevant training courses you have completed (do not include originals or copies of your testamurs or transcripts);
- Any awards and memberships of professional bodies you hold.
Include a summary of your educational and professional qualifications and any training courses you have attended in the CV attached to your application.
If you are the successful candidate for the position, you will be required to submit copies of your testamurs and certificates as part of the online onboarding process.
Depending on the nature of the position, you should provide:
- A list of your formal qualifications or progress towards such qualifications;
- Evidence of the quality of your teaching performance such as:
- A teaching evaluation by your students or peers;
- Details of your involvement in curriculum development or review;
- Evidence that you have participated in the development of course material; and/or
- Details of your use of innovative teaching methods and experience in teaching in different modes.
- Your achievements in research and other scholarly activity, including detail of publications, conference presentations, exhibitions;
- Your professional consulting experience; and
- Relevant industry experience.
Submit your application online through the Southern Cross University’s online candidate portal, accessed via the University’s Vacancies webpage.
View the position and click on Begin to commence a new application.
The HR Services representative who contacts you regarding the interview arrangements can advise the approximate length of the interview.
For some positions, you may also need to complete other selection activities such as presentations, technical questionnaires or skills tests.
The composition of the Selection Panel will be advised to all candidates invited for an interview.
Depending on the level of the position advertised, you may be given assistance with travel and accommodation to attend the interview.
The HR Services representative will advise whether travel assistance is available.
Where distance prevents you from physically attending an interview, a telephone or video conference interview (using software such as Skype or Zoom) may be arranged.
Bring a copy of the CV and your responses to the selection criteria, and any notes that you think may help prompt you during the interview process (such as examples of achievements).
If the Selection Panel wishes to assess samples of work, the HR Services representative will advise what you are required to bring to the interview.
Referees are asked to comment on your ability to meet each of the position's selection criteria. Written or verbal reports may be requested from your referees so please make sure they are aware that you have nominated them and that they are prepared to provide written or verbal comments on your current or prior work performance. It is important to provide your referees' current phone, email and postal addresses in your application.
Two referees are required. Your referees must be a current or recent supervisor. Colleagues will not normally be accepted as a referee.
You will be given an estimate of the decision timeframe at the interview. Pending final checks and discussions, candidates are generally informed of the outcome within two weeks of their interview.
Depending upon the position, new appointees may be eligible for relocation assistance to help with travel expenses to relocate, removal of furniture & personal effects and accommodation expenses on commencement of their appointment. See the Relocation Assistance Policy for further details.