Competition terms, conditions and privacy
Kombi visit to your school competition
By entering the Kombi visit to your school competition (Competition), you (the Entrant) agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
- All information on ‘how to enter’ forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry into the Competition, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Southern Cross University Southern Cross University, (ABN 41 995 651 524; CRICOS Provider: 01241G) a body corporate incorporated under the Southern Cross University Act 1993 (NSW), of Military Road, East Lismore, NSW 2480, Australia P: 1800 005 687 (the “University”).
- The Promotion commences on (1/08/2022 9:00AM) (AEDT) and will continue until 16/09/2022 5:00pm) (AEDT) (the “Competition Period”).
- Entry is open to teachers in Australia To be eligible, teachers must have authority from their school prior to entering the competition. “This includes the authority to receive the total prize at their school and to the publication of the name of their school should the teacher be a winning entrant.”
- Employees and their immediate families of the University are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, and entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will not be eligible to win.
- The University reserves the right to verify entries and may disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
How to enter
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete all fields of the entry form during the Competition Period and enter via https://www.scu.edu.au/kombi-visit-your-schoool.
- Entrants will be asked to submit a 200-word response and a short video on the topic ‘What it would mean for your school to have a Kombi visit’. Entrants will have till Friday 16 September 2022 at 5pm to submit their entry.
- Eligible entrants may enter the Competition only once.
- The University accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Competition Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The University is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
By entering into the Competition, you agree and acknowledge that:
- The University is collecting your personal information for the purpose of participation in the Kombi Visit to Your School Competition. You do not have to provide your personal information by law, but will be unable to enter the competition if these details are not provided.
- We will treat information you provide confidentially and will not use or disclose your personal information for another purpose without your consent unless we are required to do so by law. To access or update your personal information please contact Olivia Robinson, Partnerships Officer – Office of Engagement.
- The University will keep your personal information in accordance with its Privacy Management Plan. Information on how the University manages personal information can be found at scu.edu.au/privacy or contact the Privacy Officer.
Winning the prize
- The total prize consists of a Kombi visit to your school.
- The winning entries will be chosen by a panel of Southern Cross University representatives.
- The winning entries will be notified by the University via email by Monday 3 October 2022. The winners will have their details published on Monday 10 October 2022 on scu.edu.au.
- If the prize is unclaimed a different entry will be chosen by the panel by Monday 17 October 2022 and the winner will be contacted by email within two business days.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- In all matters, all decisions of the University will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into.