Privacy and Personal Information
The University collects, stores, and uses the personal information of many individuals, including students and prospective students, alumni, employees and job applicants, sub-contractors, and volunteers. The University also holds personal and health information of clients of the University Health Clinic.
The University upholds and respects the privacy of all individuals, and supports the aims of privacy legislation by balancing the right of individuals to control their personal information with the University’s need for information to deliver educational services and provide effective governance. Information about how we do this can be found in the Privacy Management Plan.
A privacy data breach is unauthorised access or disclosure of personal information or loss of personal information. To report a suspected data breach, complete a Privacy Data Breach Report Form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information see the Privacy Data Breach Response Process.
If you want to access or amend your personal information, or make an enquiry about the University’s handling of personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer by emailing email@example.com or calling 02 6620 3841.
If you believe that the University has breached your privacy, you can make an informal complaint by contacting the unit concerned. If your complaint cannot be resolved informally, you can apply for an ‘internal review’ of the conduct that you believe has breached your privacy. More information about internal reviews can be found in the Privacy Management Plan.
In addition to the Privacy Management Plan, information about managing privacy and personal information and related forms, can be found below:
- Information Sheet - General Privacy Obligations
- Information Sheet - How to respond to a request for personal information
- Information Sheet - Photos and Video Recordings
- Sample Privacy Notice
- Privacy Statement for SCU's websites
- Privacy Notice for Students
- Privacy Statement for MyCareerMatch profiles
- Permission to take - use video/audio recordings/photographs of me (adult)
- Permission to take and use video/audio recordings/photographs (adult) 4 per page
- Permission to take and use video/audio recordings/photographs (child) 4 per page
- Permission to take and use video/audio recordings/photographs (bulk permission)
- Talent release/permission to use (performers)
- Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW)
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW)
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW)
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
- State Records Act 1998 (NSW)