Updated 14 August 2020
- The NSW/Queensland border will re-open on 1 December 2020. Please refer to the Queensland Government website for information about Queensland border restrictions.
- Campuses are open and all buildings require swipe access. You must carry your student card at all times with you on campus. If you are asked for your student card and you don’t have it, you will be asked to leave the campus.
- Staff, including security staff, will continue to monitor spaces to ensure social distancing. If you are not adhering to social distancing requirements, you will be asked to leave the campus.
The list of approved on-campus activity/facilities for students is as follows:
- Commercial services: such as Cafes, Lismore Campus Gym and Pool, and The School Locker
- SCU Health Clinics at Lismore and Gold Coast campuses
- Essential student practical activities (School of Health and Human Sciences, School of Arts and Social Sciences, School of Science and Engineering)
- Student study spaces and computer labs (in a reduced number of dedicated spaces)
- Other Support Services
The Australian Red Cross has funding to support students who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents that have an urgent need as a result of the COVID-19. More details.
- Vice Chancellor's address to staff 1 June, 2020 (login required).
The COVID-19 situation is dynamic and fast moving and this page will be regularly updated to reflect University decisions made by our COVID-19 Incident Group. Our decision making is being guided by the fundamental principle that the health and safety of our staff and students is paramount.
We will continue to apply an abundance of caution as we actively review our practices in order to ensure that we are able to continue to operate throughout this situation.
If you need to contact the University because your situation is affected by COVID-19, please use this dedicated email: SCUAssist@scu.edu.au.