Learning Zone workshops
The Student Learning Zone hold online study skills workshops and provide recordings of recent workshops. Peer Assisted Learning Support (PALS) program also has online check-ins and group study sessions in specific first-year units.
The list of available workshops and PALS sessions appears below under SCU CareerHub Events.
Click the 'Register for a workshop' button or click a workshop title below to log in to CareerHub and book in to a workshop or PALS session.
Recordings of past workshops can be accessed below.
Targeted workshops are organised by arrangement with staff in particular courses and units and are designed specifically for students in those courses and units. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Write a Scientific Report
- Writing Reports
- Introduction to Referencing
- Writing Case Studies
- Introduction to Academic Writing
- Exam Prep workshop
- An Introduction to Annotated Bibliographies
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Intro to Essay Writing
- Writing at Uni - Academic Language and Linking Terms
- The Process of Editing
- Understanding Assessments and finding information
- Keeping a Concept Journal
- Practical Tools for Improving Academic Writing
- Six Ways to Build an Argument
- Using Concepts in your Assignments
- Reflective Assignments: first steps
- Reflective Assignments: next steps
- Intro to Referencing
Are you a student needing help?
Security and support services