Changes to calendar from 2022
What are the changes to the calendar from 2022?
In 2021, we had two calendars,
- the 3 Session Teaching Calendar (in which most students study); and
- the 6 Study Period Teaching Calendar
From 2022, we still have two main teaching calendars, however Study Periods are now called Terms and most students will be studying in the Term Teaching Calendar.
- the 3-Session Teaching Calendar (ends after 2022); and
- the 6-Term Teaching Calendar (in which most students study)
- the Dual Term and Tri Term calendars (project, research, or placement units only)
In 2022, Study Periods are called Terms as follows:
|Study Periods 2021||Terms 2022||Sessions 2022||Teaching Period Start date 2022|
|Study Period 1||Summer Term||10 January|
|Study Period 2||Term 1||Session 1||7 March|
|Study Period 3||Term 2||2 May|
|Study Period 4||Term 3||Session 2||4 July|
|Study Period 5||Term 4||29 August|
|Study Period 6||Term 5||Session 3||31 October|
In 2022, Summer Term will start on 10 January, which is around a week later compared with the start date of Study Period 1 in 2021. Similarly, Term 1 and Session 1 for 2022 are also a week later than the equivalent teaching periods’ commencement in 2021.