The Outstanding Academic Excellence Scholarship
An Outstanding Academic Excellence scholarship worth up to $60,000.
Southern Cross University is pleased to offer students who have displayed outstanding academic potential, an opportunity to apply for an Outstanding Academic Excellence Scholarship. These scholarships are designed to support high performing International students to study at the Lismore or Coffs Harbour Campus.
Combined with the relatively low cost of living in regional Australia, these scholarships, which are valued at up to $60,000*, will provide outstanding students the opportunity to channel their energy into their studies by significantly improving the affordability of their time in Australia.
*$15,000 per annum for the life of a degree.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- International students who are commencing or transferring into a new course in Session 2, 2020 or Session 1, 2021.
- Students must be full time (ie. 3 units or more in each Study period)
- Students must be able to demonstrate a very high standard of Entry into the course (ie. Must have completed a graded Diploma or higher with outstanding results).
- Student must be studying one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Coastal Systems
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science/Bachelor of Marine Science and Management
- Bachelor of Forest Science and Management
- Bachelor of Marine Science and Management
- Graduate Diploma of Forest Science and Management
- Master of Forest Science and Management
- Fill in the online application form.
- Offer rounds will be conducted on a weekly basis.
- Scholarship team will assess applications based on selection criteria at each offer round and make a decision on students to be offered.
- Applicants are notified of offer.
- Payments are made after census date.
$15,000 per year
Up to four years
Closing date for session 2 2020
- Applications close 26 June 2020
- Outcomes will progressively be released
- Final outcomes released 30 June 2020
Closing date for session 1 2021
- Applications close 18 January 2021
- Outcomes will progressively be released
- Final outcomes released 22 January 2021
Download the flyer: The Outstanding Academic Excellence scholarship
About our Lismore Campus
Southern Cross University’s Lismore campus occupies acres of lush, subtropical grounds including landscaped gardens and rainforest walkways that are home to a variety of native wildlife.
At the heart of student life is the Learning Centre, a state-of-the-art facility with individual and collaborative learning spaces and library resources. The adjacent Goodman Plaza is home to food and beverage outlets, Co-op bookshop, banking facilities and a range of student services. There is a fully-equipped fitness centre including gym and indoor pool. The health and human science labs, science and engineering precinct all boast world-class facilities and complement the on-campus law moot court.
Creative studios for visual arts students include painting, printmaking, 3D and digital art and design. Studio One29 is an industry standard teaching and performance space and along with other specialist music and media facilities contribute to an atmosphere of creativity on campus.
Lismore's vibrant arts, culture and music scene includes signature Byron Bay events such as the Byron Writers Festival, Splendour in the Grass, Fall Music and Arts Festival and Byron Bay Blues Fest.
About our Coffs Harbour campus
Set on acres of rolling hills and bushland close to beaches and the city centre, Southern Cross University’s Coffs Harbour campus is the ideal location for study with a fantastic lifestyle at your fingertips.
Our leading psychology course has been ranked #1 in Australia by the Good Universities Guide 2020.
The resorts, hotels and tourist attractions in the Coffs coast provides not only a wealth of opportunities for business and tourism students to learn the ropes on internships but also opportunities for employment while studying. The proximity to the Solitary Islands Marine Park and the University’s National Marine Science Centre provides an ideal learning environment for marine science students.
Southern Cross University’s new Health Sciences Building, with advanced laboratories and teaching spaces opened in 2019, adding to the University’s expanding portfolio of health sciences facilities and courses.