Applying for a scholarship
All students are welcome to apply for a scholarship and the process is simple.
Most undergraduate domestic applicants will only need to apply online once and will be considered for all donor-funded scholarships that they are eligible for. Some of our scholarships don’t require an application as they are awarded based on merit, or you will automatically be considered when you apply to study at Southern Cross University.
How to apply may depend on the scholarship you are applying. Use the below as a guide and be sure to check your eligibility and the application processes listed on each scholarship. We also have some top tips to help.
Applications for 2024 scholarships are now open. Apply online today to be considered for all eligible scholarships.
Rolling Stones Scholarship: Please remember to apply online before the 28th September 2023.
Note: Students applying to study via UAC or QTAC are strongly encouraged to apply for a scholarship prior to receiving an offer. If you have Southern Cross University as your first preference you should apply for a scholarship because UAC and QTAC offers are sent after most scholarships have closed.Apply for 2024 Scholarships
International Students – additional opportunities exist for international students.
Postgraduate students – please follow the instructions indicated against the different scholarships for postgraduate students.
Indigenous Australian students experiencing financial hardship are encouraged to apply for Commonwealth Indigenous Accommodation and Commonwealth Indigenous Education Costs scholarships. A single application point will see the student considered for both programs. For opening and closing dates and a link to the application form go to Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships.
See more on our Equity Scholarships page.
Eligibility for these scholarships require the applicant to be a current (or for future students — expecting to be) recipient of income support through Centrelink — such as Youth Allowance, Abstudy, Disability Support Pension, New Start etcetera.
This application can be found at UAC Equity Scholarships
Applications opened 3 April 2023 and will close 3 February 2024.
Get set to apply
Our top 5 scholarship application tips:
- Before you start, make a list of your achievements and speak about them proudly in your application.
- Talk about your leadership, teamwork or other skills, even if they are still developing. They might be as a result of study, employment, sporting, creative arts or other achievements.
- Share information about yourself. Allow the university and/or donor to get to know you and your ambitions.
- Consider how your degree will help you give back to the community and what that means to you.
- Review your application once complete to ensure it is grammatically correct and the key points you want to convey are clear.