Applying for a scholarship
Most undergraduate domestic applicants will only need to apply online once and will be considered for all donor-funded scholarships that they are eligible for.
Our top 5 application tips:
1. Before you start, make a list of your achievements. They are worth mentioning in your application.
2. Talk about your leadership, teamwork or other skills, even if they are still developing. It might be as a result of course, employment, sporting, creative arts or other achievements.
3. Share about yourself. Allow the University and/or donor to get to know you on paper and share your future ambitions.
4. Consider how your degree will help you give back to the community and what it means to you.
5. Re-read your application and ensure there are no spelling mistakes. You want to present yourself in the best way possible.
Applications for Commencing Students
Applications for 2022 commencing student scholarships are now open. Apply online today to be considered for all eligible scholarships.
Note: Students applying to study via UAC or QTAC are strongly encouraged to apply for a scholarship prior to receiving an offer. If you have Southern Cross University as your first preference you should apply for a scholarship because UAC and QTAC offers are sent after most scholarships have closed.
Applications for Continuing students or Honours Students
Applications for scholarships for continuing students or honours students are made via My Enrolment. Note: scholarships are referred to as ‘Rewards’ in My Enrolment:
- Go to My Enrolment
- Select Rewards
- Select Find a Reward, Scholarship or Prize from the Rewards > Summary page
- Select 2022 as the Offering Year
- Choose the Select button next to the reward you wish to apply for
- Choose the Apply button next to the relevant offering period for the Reward you wish to apply for
Applications for Financial Hardship Scholarships
Eligibility for these scholarships require the applicant to be a current (or for future students — expecting to be) recipient of income support through Centrelink — such as Youth Allowance, Abstudy, Disability Support Pension, New Start etcetera.
This application can be found at UAC Equity Scholarships
Applications opened 3 April 2021 and will close 30 January 2022.
Some future student scholarships — The Hotel School Sydney and The Hotel School Melbourne New Student Scholarships for example — have their own application process and you need to refer to their page for more information.