Manage your loans
You can renew items by:
- logging into OneSearch, clicking on My Account and viewing your loans;
- calling our toll-free number - 1800 659 460;
- using the DIY check-out machines, if you have the items with you; or
- visiting the service desk at your campus library.
You will not be able to renew if:
- the item is overdue;
- the item has been reserved by another borrower;
- your borrowing rights have been suspended; or
- the item has already been renewed six times.
Always return items on or before their due date to avoid penalties.
- There are return slots outside the entrances of all campus libraries.
- A returns chute is also located in Student Services at Lismore. When using this service, items will be delivered to the Library the next working day. Items returned on Friday will be delivered to the Library the following Monday.
- Distance education students in Australia may return borrowed items free of charge using the reply paid labels sent with their books.
Please provide us with your current email address to ensure you receive reminder notices.
However, these notices are a courtesy only and should not be relied upon for return of materials. Failure to return or renew a borrowed item by the due date may result in a fine and/or loss of borrowing privileges.
Keep track of your loans by logging into OneSearch and clicking on My Account.
- If an item is not returned after receiving a 'long overdue' notice the user will be billed for the replacement cost of the item, including an administration processing fee.
- Sanctions will apply until the debt is cleared.
- You are able to accrue up to $19 in fines and still retain borrowing privileges, and you are encouraged to manage your fines by making partial payments to keep the accrued total below the $20 limit.
- Once your fines reach $20 your borrowing privileges are suspended until the fine is paid in full. At the end of each year, fines totaling $19 or less will be waived.
|General lending collection||50 cents per item per day|
|7-day loan (these items cannot be renewed)||$5 per item per day|
- Fines can be paid at the Information Desk in the Library with your equitrac card or by credit card, cheque or money order payable to SCU Library.
- If paying by credit card please phone your campus Library.
- If paying by cheque or money order please send to:
Team Leader, Lending Services
PO Box 157
Lismore NSW 2480
Updated: 23 April 2013