Explore the facilities
Modern, professional-standard, purpose-built facilities and exhibition spaces for contemporary music, digital media, and art and design.
Get access to the latest video, audio and creative technology and software, labs and studios for your learning — and, most importantly, the production of your own work.
World-class facilities in performance, media and art
Hire our facilities
Want to hire our professional facilities for your project, event or conference? Contact us for more information on booking a venue.
Performance space and control room
Studio One29 is our flagship multi-purpose facility at Southern Cross University Lismore campus that doubles as a learning space for contemporary music and digital media students.
- A live concert performance space
- Mixing desk for sound and lighting
- Multi-camera set up for recording live performances or presentations
- Control room.
Students studying at our Coomera campus, located at the northern Gold Coast, have access to some of the best modern production facilities for contemporary music and digital media.
- Soundproof rehearsal rooms with vocal PA and backline gear
- Live performance space with a full line array sound system and professional lighting rig
- World-class recording facility in the main studio with SSL Duality mixing desk
- Commercial-grade digital media studios, equipment and industry-standard software.
Contemporary music studios
Our Lismore campus boasts state-of-the-art music facilities.
- Professional-standard concert performance space (known as StudioOne29)
- Recording studios
- Production studios and labs
- Tuition and practice facilities
- Recording, composing and editing software.
Download Contemporary Music Studios Lismore information (PDF) for details of the studios, equipment and software.
Digital media suites
Our digital media students have access to broadcast studios plus a wide range of production spaces and media equipment, computer labs and on-location equipment.
- Digital workstations and labs
- Radio studios
- Television studio (located in Studio One29) with
- multi-camera set-up
- control room
- Photography studio
- On-location equipment: broadcast-standard HD and 4K cameras, lighting and sound recording equipment.
Art and design studios and exhibition spaces
Working in our modern, well-equipped, multi-medium studios you’ll discover a dynamic and collegial atmosphere that encourages the best work from you and your peers.
- Drawing studio for traditional and interdisciplinary media
- Digital art and design computer lab
- Digital photography computer lab and camera equipment
- Painting studios for acrylic, oil and encaustic processes
- Printmaking studios for etching, screen printing and relief processes
- Wood-fired and gas-fired kiln for ceramics, wood and metal fabrication and bronze casting
- Handmade papermaking equipment including paper beaters, vats and presses
- Dedicated exhibition spaces.
Download Visual Arts Studios Lismore information (PDF) for details of the studios and equipment.
Contact the Faculty of Business, Law and Arts
Executive Dean of Faculty
T: T: +61 7 5589 3054
Associate Dean (Education)
T: T: +61 7 5589 3209
Associate Dean (Research)
T: T: +61 7 5589 3036