Stay fit at an SCU fitness centre
Our sport and fitness centres provide a range of sporting facilities across three campuses, including an aquatic centre, 2 gyms, 2 indoor sports courts, and 2 sports fields and 4 tennis courts.
We also offer a world-class sports program in the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
On 1 July we re-opened and will be complying with social distancing requirements to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Visit the website for opening hours.
Located on the Lismore campus, SCU Fitness for You has a 33 M indoor swimming pool, gym equipment, spin room plus offer a wide variety of group fitness classes and personal training.
*Both centres will be closed until further notice due to COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus). This decision has been made as both facilities are unstaffed, and as such regular disinfection and cleaning cannot be guaranteed. The decision comes as the result of the developing situation, our principle of safety first to ensure your health and wellbeing and is in accordance with recommendations from the Australian Health Department and Fitness Australia.
Work on your fitness with a variety of gym equipment and Virtual Les Mills classes to suit everybody within these facilities provided for FREE for students of SCU. Les Mills Virtual is technology-based group exercise played via a projector screen. The Virtual Fitness Room provides staff and students with an exercise fix at any time of the day as well as helping them to be more engaged in group exercise and to become fitter. The Virtual Fitness Room at CHEC Campus is located in T Block and is open from 6:15 am – 10:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and on the Gold Coast Campus is located in Building A on the Ground floor and is open 7 days from 6am – 10pm.
A few simple steps:
- Simply complete the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
- Attend one of the upcoming compulsory induction sessions (Coffs Harbour only). Sessions will be held every Tuesday and Thursday at 3 pm in February and March 2020 (April dates TBA) at the Virtual Fitness Room (located at the T-Block Gym). No one needs to book the induction session, you can just turn up.
- Sign the induction form along with the induction supervisor. The induction supervisor at each session will provide forms.
- Take the signed form to the security office to have your ID card activated. The CHEC Campus Security Control Centre is located at A Block, Ground Floor (Room A.G.4)
- Once verified (Coffs Harbour and Gold Coast campus), you will receive an email confirming you have been granted access
Please Remember: you must complete the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire before you can access the gym.