How to Register for Graduation
When Do I Graduate?
See below for listing of graduation ceremony and conferral dates.
Final Date to Add Names to Conferral List*
|Term / Session / Dual Term / Tri Term||Grade Release Date||Final Date to Add
Names to List
|N/A||N/A||19 August 2022||2 September 2022|
|Term 3||24 August 2022||9 September 2022||23 September 2022|
|N/A||N/A||7 October 2022||21 October 2022|
|Term 4 / Session 2 / Dual Term 3||19 October 2022||11 November 2022||25 November 2022|
|Term 5 / Dual Term 4 / Tri Term 2||21 December 2022||27 January 2023||10 February 2023|
|Summer Term/Session 3||1 March 2023||24 March 2023||7 April 2023|
|Term 1||26 April 2023||19 May 2023||2 June 2023|
|Term 2/Session 1||21 June 2023||7 July 2023||21 July 2023|
|N/A||N/A||4 August 2023||18 August 2023|
|Term 3||23 August 2023||1 September 2023||22 September 2023|
|Term 4/Session 2||18 October 2023||10 November 2023||24 November 2023|
|Term 5||19 December 2023||12 January 2024||25 January 2024|
* Under no circumstances can a student attend a graduation ceremony for any award until after that award has been officially conferred (approved) by our University Council.
Graduation Ceremony Dates
|Ceremony Location||Ceremony Date||Final date to make your choice**|
|Coffs Harbour||9 - 10 September 2022||19 August 2022|
|Melbourne||1 October 2022||9 September 2022|
|Lismore||4 - 5 November 2022||7 October 2022|
|Gold Coast||12 - 13 December 2022||11 November 2022|
Note: Late responses WILL NOT be considered for inclusion in the ceremony.
Graduation Ceremony Dates 2023
|Ceremony Location||Ceremony Date||Final date to make your choice**|
|Sydney||24-25 February 2023||27 January 2023|
|Gold Coast||21-22 April 2023||24 March 2023|
|Lismore||17-18 June 2023||19 May 2023|
|Coffs Harbour||1-2 September 2023||4 August 2023|
|Melbourne||29-30 September 2023||1 September 2023|
|Gold Coast||6-7 December 2023||10 November 2023|
Am I Eligible to Register a Graduation Choice?
To check if you have met course requirements and passed all your enrolled units, go to My Enrolment www.scu.edu.au/myenrolment and check:
- My Study Plans: Check your course status is Passed.
- My Grades: Check all grades are finalised. If a grade is outstanding and you believe you have satisfied the unit requirements contact your unit assessor.
- My Finances: If you are sanctioned please contact Student Administration Services freecall 1800 005 687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to pay your sanction.
- My Details: Check your preferred mailing address, phone number and personal email are correct. Your graduation documents will be forwarded to the preferred mailing address and personal email (via My eQuals).
- My Graduation: Make your choice online and register for your preferred conferral opportunity. Refer to graduation/conferral dates below.
Graduation Online Registration
Choose one of the following graduation options in My Enrolment (Graduation tab)
- Ceremony: To attend your nominated ceremony as seen in My Enrolment. You will receive your testamur at the ceremony.
- Mail: To receive your testamur by mail. You waive your right to attend any future Graduation Ceremony. Go to My Enrolment www.scu.edu.au/myenrolment and check your preferred mailing address and contact phone numbers are up-to-date.
- Collet: To collect your testamur from the Graduation Office. You waive your right to attend any future Graduation Ceremony. After your award is conferred (approved) by University Council, your testamur can be collected from: Room A2.38 (Level 2, A Block), Lismore campus.
- Postpone: To postpone and attend a future Ceremony. The Graduation Office will contact you via email with further information.
TIP: Status of HOLD means you have NOT yet made a graduation choice
When Will I Receive My Final Academic Transcript?
Your complimentary final academic transcript will be forwarded to your preferred mailing address as recorded in My Enrolment. Typically this will happen within 20-25 working days after completion of your award.
Incomplete or Not Available grades will delay your final academic transcript.
Note for Education Graduands: Student Administration Services will provide a copy of your final academic transcript to the NSW Department of Education and Communities and the Graduate Recruitment Program for eligible education graduands. Copies are forwarded on the same day your final academic transcript is mailed to you.
When Will I Receive My Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS)?
An original certified copy of your Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS) will be forwarded with your final academic transcript. Visit www.scu.edu.au/ahegs for further information regarding AHEGS.
Will I receive a digital copy of my Transcript, AHEGS and Testamur (degree certificate)?
My eQuals was developed to give students, graduates, employers and third parties anytime, anywhere access to digitally certified testamurs, transcripts and AHEGS.
A digital copy of your transcript and AHEGS will be uploaded to My eQuals within 20 working days of completion of your award. A digital copy of your testamur will be uploaded to My eQuals within 20 working days after your award has been conferred (approved) by the University Council.
What happens if I am on Sanctions?
Sanctions will prevent the release of your final academic transcript, AHEGS and testamur. Please contact Student Administration Services for information about how to pay your sanction by phoning 1800 005 687 or emailing email@example.com
When Will I Receive My Testamur?
A testamur (degree certificate) is a legal document and can only be released after an award has been conferred (approved) by the University Council. Your graduation choice will determine how you receive your testamur. Awards must be conferred before you can attend a ceremony.
If you are intending to continue your studies and complete a separate year of Honours, you are still entitled to attend a ceremony and graduate with your first Bachelor degree. Once you have completed your Honours year you will be entitled to attend a further ceremony to graduate with your Honours degree.
This does not apply if you have completed an Honours award which is incorporated within your Bachelor degree. You will receive one testamur only and be eligible to attend only one Graduation Ceremony.
Please ensure that you keep the University advised of your correct postal address. Your preferred address will be used to mail your final academic transcript, AHEGS. You can update your address and phone number in My Enrolment (Details tab).
Your award will be conferred in the exact name recorded by the University. That is the name that will appear on your academic transcript, AHEGS and testamur. If you wish to change your name you are required to complete the Request for Change of Name form and provide certified documentation showing your legal name.
For more information about changing your name on your graduation documents, please contact the Graduation Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Name changes must be finalised at least three (3) weeks prior to your conferral date.
If you require a completion letter for visa application/employment purposes please contact your relevant student support area by emailing:
|Study Location||Student Support email|
|The Hotel Schoolemail@example.com|
Letter of Invitation
If you are an overseas student and require a letter of invitation to assist you with your visa application to attend a Graduation ceremony in Australia, please contact the Graduation Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like your international guest/s included on the letter, please provide the Graduation Office with their full name/s and date/s of birth.