Lismore Open Day 2019
Over the past 25 years Southern Cross University has nurtured the development of nearly 700 visual art students.
Saturday August 17, 10.30am-2.30pm
Military Road, East Lismore
Take a campus tour, check out our fantastic facilities and speak with experts about your degree options, career possibilities and university life.
Our music students will entertain you throughout the day. Experience virtual and augmented reality demonstrations, get a free 5-minute health check, attend an Indigenous art workshop, see drones and robotics in action, discover something slimy and prickly in the marine science touch pool, learn about scientific life on the high seas at our research boat and much more. Put on a headset and step into the world of virtual and augmented reality demonstrations, including a virtual reality tour of the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse.
Writer and 2019 Miles Franklin Award winner Melissa Lucashenko, author of Too Much Lip, will be in conversation with locally-based author Jesse Blackadder. Melissa is the recipient of the inaugural Southern Cross University Barry Conyngham Creative Arts Fellowship.
Over the past 25 years Southern Cross University has nurtured the development of nearly 700 visual art students. A curatorial team from the Bachelor of Art and Design program has selected 25 alumni who have sustained their practice over time with innovation and originality.
Plus a panel of our visual arts alumni will be sharing how their art education has painted the way for bright careers!
Order in the court! Solo v Government of Alderaan. Experience a live ‘mock court’ in session, as the defendant and plaintiff battle it out to seek justice in a special Star Wars-themed trial. Judge (Dean and Head of the School of Law and Justice) Professor William MacNeil calls upon your presence to impartially help him seek the truth of the law… no objections! You’d be a wookie to miss it!
Course information sessions
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Music, Creative Arts & Digital Media
- Business, Tourism & Information Technology
- Education & Teaching
- Environment, Science & Engineering
- Marine Science
- Law & Justice
- Indigenous Knowledge
- Health Sciences – including nursing, midwifery, biomedical science, sport and exercise science, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology and speech pathology
- Getting into uni: Learn about all the different pathways to a degree
- Southern Cross MythBusters bust some moves and some myths about university
- Don’t panic! Parent’s guide to Southern Cross University
- Check out our favourite residents at the Koala Care Centre
- SCU Village on-campus accommodation open house
Face your future and discover everything you need to know about Southern Cross University at Open Day!