Regenerative Agriculture Alliance (RAA)
The Regenerative Agriculture Alliance (RAA) is a collaboration of Australia’s leading researchers and practitioners in regenerative agriculture. Our aim is to improve the holistic health and wellbeing of Australian landscapes, farmers and communities through regenerative agricultural research, education and practice.
Founded in 2018 by Lorraine Gordon – Director of Strategic Project at Southern Cross University, the Alliance includes leading researchers in environmental science, soil and plant science, marine and forestry science worldwide.
Southern Cross University has a reputation as a collaboration specialist with proven success in connecting and enabling more than 28,000 farmers working collaboratively and delivering innovative solutions through the farm co-op and collaboration program warmly referred to as Farming Together.
The Alliance champions the large-scale adoption of regenerative agriculture to improve Australian landscapes and the resilience of the people they sustain.
Our Southern Cross University resources include:
- Southern Cross Plant Science: Focused on genetic and environmental factors. Researching plant genetics, genomics and phytochemistry underpinning selection, cultivation and use.
- Analytical Research Laboratory: Pre-eminent laboratory analyses plant-derived materials, essential oils and natural/herbal medicine.
- Environmental Analysis Laboratory: Leader in high-quality analyses with state-of-the-art equipment/facilities. NATA/ASPAC accredited.
- Centre for Organics Research: Joint initiative between Southern Cross University and NSW Department of Primary Industries.
- National Marine Science Centre: Produces research addressing issues relating to the resilience of marine ecosystems/resources.
- School of Environment, Science and Engineering: Offers extensive technical and practical experience, and engineering research programs that are making significant impacts both domestically and internationally.
- Forest Research Centre: Researches native and plantation forests focussed on sustainably produced wood, environmental services and carbon.