Elite athletes and performers
Proud to support elite athletes and performers achieve their academic goals
Southern Cross Uni understands that sometimes elite athletes and performers may have difficulty meeting assignment deadlines or sitting an exam due to the demands of their respective industry.
Southern Cross University can assist in a variety of ways including:
- Flexible and responsive approach to admissions and enrolment including a bonus point scheme to assist in gaining entry into your chosen course
- Deferring assignments/exams
- Making alternate arrangements for sitting exams
- Flexibility in course structure
- Study on-campus or via distance education
Other non-course-related benefits SCU can offer are:
- Gym scholarships
- SCU travel subsidy to compete or perform in the national and/or international arena
- UniLife monetary prizes of up to $500
- Subsidised fees when representing SCU at AUS championships
- Career counselling
SCU, an Elite Athlete Friendly University
SCU is proud to be a member of the National Network of Athlete Friendly Universities. As such, we have developed an Elite Athlete Program to support elite athletes competing at a state, national or international level to achieve their academic goals while continuing to meet the demands of an often vigorous training and competition regime.
What is an Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU)?
An EAFU is a University that is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission, the Australian Institute of Sport and the New South Wales Institute of Sport as an Elite Athlete Friendly Institution. This recognition is a component of the national Athlete Career and Education (ACE) program.
Who is eligible to register as an Elite Athlete?
Athletes who have been identified as elite by one of the following organisations:
- Australian Institute of Sport
- State Institutes or Academies of Sport (e.g. NSWIS)
- AFL Players' Association
- Australian Cricketers' Association
- Rugby Union Players' Association
- Rugby League Professionals' Association
- National senior squad members from ACE supported sports
If you are not registered with one of the above organisations, but represent a sport at a state, national or international competition level contact us.Contact information
Who is eligible to register as an Elite Performer?
Those Performers who have contributed to extended or significant productions within Australia or overseas such as those affiliated with State or National level performance organisations including, but not limited to:
Applying for the Elite Athlete and Performer Program
Students must complete and submit an online application direct to the Elite Athlete and Performer Coordinators.
Elite Athletes and Performers enquiry and contact
If you would like more information or if you are not registered with one of the above organisations, but represent a sport at a state, national or international competition level contact the Sport and Recreation Officer at UniLife.
Phone: 02 6620 3220