Using the Library
Our libraries are shared spaces used by staff, students, alumni and members of the local community.
When you are visiting our campus libraries we ask that you:
Take care of yourself:
- Use library spaces and equipment in a way that supports your own safety and the safety of others.
- Look after your belongings and avoid leaving your valuables unattended.
Take care of others:
- Respect other library users by keeping noise to appropriate levels, especially in designated quiet study areas.
- Keep to the group booking limits each day and cancel room bookings if you no longer need them.
- Log off and move away from the computers when you have finished using them.
Take care of our spaces:
- Keep our libraries clean and safe. Please remove rubbish and enjoy hot food outside the library.
To help you get the most out of our services and collections, we will:
- Provide you with access to the information and resources you need.
- Provide you with expert advice via chat, phone and email.
- Provide you with access to borrow our physical collections on campus. If you are unable to visit our campuses, we will send physical collection items to your home address with free return postage.
- Send you email and SMS notifications when items are available for collection and reminders to return Library items on time.
To make the most of your Library experience, we ask that you:
- Return your loans on time.
- Take care of the items you borrow from the Library.
- Check your University email account and respond to any notices from the Library.
- Engage and communicate with our staff in a respectful and appropriate manner.