Searching for theses
- Southern Cross Research Portal: search for SCU theses that are available online
- SCU Library Search: search for theses that are available online or as print copies - select Theses as the Material type to focus the search results.
Theses passed by the Higher Degree Research Committee at Southern Cross University are deposited into the Southern Cross Research Portal. These records are harvested into the National Library of Australia Trove database. Access to the digital version of theses from all Australian Universities is available through this service and instructions on how to search are provided by Trove.
More information about finding theses from other universities is available in RAISE: Researcher Advanced Information Skills and Education, an independent-learning tool designed to build the research skills of Southern Cross University postgraduate students.
Requesting copies of SCU theses
- SCU Students and staff can request a copy by contacting the Library
- Other individuals can request a copy by submitting an inter-library loan request via a public, state, or university library. A scanning fee of $71.50 (inc. GST) will be charged for theses that are only available as a print copy.
For inquiries about the SCU submission process contact the Thesis Examinations Officer, Graduate School:
- t: +61 2 6626 9426
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org
HDR student resources
Researcher Advanced Information Skills and Education is an independent-learning tool designed to build the research skills of Southern Cross University postgraduate students.
Your thesis will more than likely contain excerpts from other publications, such as diagrams, illustrations, quotations and maps that are used to support your arguments.
Book a consultation with a Faculty & College librarian for research advice including search strategies, database alerting services, etc.
Library guides provide subject-specific resources and databases to help with your literature searching.