Gilchrist Charitable Foundation Goori Stars Scholarship
This scholarship aims to support an undergraduate student enrolling in a degree at Southern Cross
Gilchrist Charitable Foundation’s mission is to assist youth in furthering their education through financial assistance and active mentoring.
The Gilchrist Charitable Foundation will communicate regularly through The Gilchrist Charitable Foundation’s Engagement Program, offering guidance, counselling, and personal development to their scholarship recipients.
Applying for a scholarship for details on application process.
$5,000 per year for 3 years (4 years if the published full-time duration is 4 years)
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
An on-campus or online student commencing in any Bachelor degree at Southern Cross University.
Applicants applying for this Scholarship must:
- Applicant must be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and identify as an Aboriginal Australian or Torres Strait Islander
- The applicant must be enrolled to study any bachelor’s degree at Southern Cross University in the year that the scholarship is offered
- Selection will consider the standard of your response to the general scholarship application questions in particular,
- The introductory statement (100–200 words) (first question) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship and what they hope to achieve in the future through the completion of their chosen degree.
- Details regarding hardship willbe considered in the selection process.