Indigenous Access Scholarship
Complete the online application via UAC.
- Session 1, 2021 applications close 30 January, 2021.
To be advised.
$5000 paid in two instalments.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
- A future student in any bachelor degree, on-campus or off-campus (though on-campus is preferred)
- Studying full-time (part-time may be considered)
- Must be a student studying an undergraduate course or Preparing for Success at SCU Program
- Must be enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status
For the purposes of the assessment of Indigenous commonwealth scholarship, a person will be considered to be an Indigenous person where:
- Is of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and
- Identifies as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and
- Is accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which he/she lives or has lived.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen
Low socio-economic status
Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status by demonstrating one of the following:
- Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as ABSTUDY, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Carer Payment etc.)
- Provide evidence of exception financial hardship
- Dependent students aged between 16–20 years whose parent/guardian was in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A for them in the year to commencing their studies with SCU.
You are not eligible for consideration if you:
- Already hold a bachelor’s degree or higher level award.