The Lord’s Taverners Seawind Catamaran Indigenous Scholarship
The Lord’s Taverners Seawind Catamaran Indigenous Scholarship will support an Australian Indigenous student who is resident in northern New South Wales and are overcoming disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed at university study (either undergraduate or postgraduate).
$15,000 paid as $5,000 per year for 3 yearsSee Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments
Course of study
This scholarship is available to support any undergraduate or postgraduate study at Southern Cross University’s main campus or online
Applicants applying for this scholarship must:
- Identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or both and be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Be normally residents of Northern NSW.
- Be enrolled (full-time or part-time) with Southern Cross University either on a main campus (Lismore, Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast, National Marine Science Centre or SCU Coomera) or online.
- Studying any undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Selection will be based on:
- An evaluation of the standard of your response to the general scholarship application questions in particular,
- The introductory statement (100–200 words) (first question) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship and what they hope to achieve in the future through the completion of their chosen degree.
Candidates must outline to the Selection committee through their application how they have demonstrated resilience, achievement and/or success while overcoming pressures, hardship or disadvantage.