Bonnie Boezeman AO Leadership in Nursing Scholarship
The Bonnie Boezeman AO Leadership in Nursing Scholarship is awarded to a registered female nurse to undertake a Master of Healthcare Leadership with Southern Cross University. The successful recipient has a career plan that will take her into a leadership role within the healthcare sector.
The scholarship is provided in partnership with Chief Executive Women (CEW). Chief Executive Women is the pre-eminent organisation representing more than 550 of Australia’s most senior women from the corporate, public, academic and not-for-profit sectors. Its mission is “women leaders enabling women leaders”. Through advocacy, targeted programs and scholarships, CEW works to remove the barriers to women’s progression and ensure equal opportunity for prosperity. CEW offers innovative and substantive programs aimed at enabling women’s participation and future leadership.
$30,000** The scholarship covers the course fees
Healthcare is Australia’s largest industry. It’s growing, but it’s also changing. The challenge for the health industry is in planning for, responding to and managing change in a complex and busy environment. The Master of Healthcare Leadership course will equip you with the skills to help multidisciplinary healthcare teams excel under strategic and thoughtful leadership. The engaging, flexible and interactive online course is ideally suited to professionals working in a health science discipline, like nursing, allied health or mental health.
If you’re working in a health science discipline such as nursing, allied health or mental health, our engaging, flexible and interactive online Master of Healthcare Leadership will provide you with opportunities of leadership in multidisciplinary and complex healthcare delivery.Learn more about the course
Applicants applying for the Bonnie Boezeman Scholarship must:
- Be an Australian registered nurse with a minimum of 5 years’ nursing experience
- Intend to complete the course to further your career and move into a leadership role within the health sector
- Have successfully completed a minimum three-year Bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in a health-related discipline
- Be female Australian citizen or resident
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of their response to scholarship questions and evidence of previous academic and leadership success
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed
- The successful recipient will be selected on the basis of their performance in interview
The successful applicant must provide a report about her scholarship experience and may also be required to speak at CEW events.