Bonnie Boezeman AO Leadership in Nursing Scholarship
The Bonnie Boezeman AO Leadership in Nursing Scholarship is awarded to a registered female nurse to undertake a Master of Healthcare Leadership with Southern Cross University. The successful recipient has a career plan that will take her into a leadership role within the healthcare sector.
The scholarship is provided in partnership with Chief Executive Women. Chief Executive Women is the pre-eminent organisation representing more than 550 of Australia’s most senior women from the corporate, public, academic and not-for-profit sectors. Its mission is “women leaders enabling women leaders”. Through advocacy, targeted programs and scholarships, CEW works to remove the barriers to women’s progression and ensure equal opportunity for prosperity. CEW offers innovative and substantive programs aimed at enabling women’s participation and future leadership.
Apply direct with Chief Executive Women. Applications close 21 May 2019.
The scholarship covers the course fees. The successful applicant must provide a report about her scholarship experience and may also be required to speak at CEW events.
Course of study
Healthcare is Australia’s largest industry. It’s growing, but it’s also changing. The challenge for the health industry is in planning for, responding to and managing change in a complex and busy environment. The Master of Healthcare Leadership course will equip you with the skills to help multidisciplinary healthcare teams excel under strategic and thoughtful leadership. The engaging, flexible and interactive online course is ideally suited to professionals working in a health science discipline, like nursing, allied health or mental health.
Applicants applying for the Bonnie Boezeman Scholarship must:
- Be an Australian registered nurse with a minimum of 5 years’ nursing experience
- Intend to complete the course to further your career and move into a leadership role within the health sector
- Commit to enrol and commence the course in 2019
- Have not previously received or concurrently receiving a scholarship or funding from any other source
- Have successfully completed a minimum three-year Bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in a health-related discipline
- Australian citizen or resident.
Other Selection Criteria
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the selection panel or its representative.