Mayor of Lismore Scholarship
Lismore City Council has been supporting students who live in the Lismore Local Government area for many years by offering the Mayor of Lismore Scholarships. There are three scholarships on offer for students studying an undergraduate degree on-campus at Southern Cross University’s Lismore campus. Preference may be given, but not limited to, students who have demonstrated achievement under conditions of disadvantage.
See Applying for a scholarship for more information.
- 1 for a future student transitioning from High School (completed Year 12 in the year prior to commencing University study)
- 1 for any future student from the general Lismore community.
- 1 for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person from the Lismore community with plans to commence study at Southern Cross University in 2022.
Course of study
Any Bachelor degree studying on-campus at Lismore.
$5000 per scholarship for 1 year
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Applicants for the Mayor of Lismore Scholarships must be:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Residents of the Lismore Local Government area
- Commencing the first year of a Bachelor degree at Lismore campus in 2022
- Be studying full-time (minimum of 72 credit points in 2022).
- Selection will consider the standard of your response to the general scholarship application questions
- The student’s experience of disadvantage may be considered.