Mayor of Lismore Scholarship
Lismore City Council has been supporting students who live in the Lismore Local Government area for many years by offering the Mayor of Lismore Scholarships. In 2020 there are three scholarships on offer for students studying an undergraduate degree on-campus at Southern Cross University’s Lismore campus. Preference may be given, but not limited to, students who have demonstrated achievement under conditions of disadvantage.
See Applying for a scholarship for more information.
- 1 for a future student transitioning from High School (completed Year 12 in 2019)
- 1 for any future student from the general Lismore community.
- 1 for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person from the Lismore community with plans to commence study at Southern Cross University in 2020.
Course of study
Any Bachelor degree studying on-campus at Lismore.
$5000 per scholarship for 1 year
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Essential Selection Criteria
Applicants for the Mayor of Lismore Scholarships must be
- Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Residents of the Lismore Local Government area
- Commencing the first year of a Bachelor degree Southern Cross University on-campus at the Lismore campus in any Bachelor degree in 2020
- Be studying full-time (minimum of three units per teaching session or 6–8 units per academic year).
Other Selection Criteria
- Selection will consider the standard of your response to the general scholarship application questions
- In addition, a student’s experience of disadvantage may be considered.