The Lord’s Taverners (Northern NSW) University Scholarship
The Lord’s Taverners Northern NSW is active in supporting our community, including a Scholarship at Southern Cross University.
See Applying for a scholarship for more information.
$5000 per year for 3 years.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
It is expected that this scholarship will be available to a future student commencing in any undergraduate Bachelor degree at Southern Cross University Coffs Harbour, Lismore or Gold Coast campuses.
Expected selection criteria
Applicants for The Lord’s Taverners (Northern NSW) University Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents commencing study in any undergraduate Bachelor degree at Southern Cross University Coffs Harbour, Lismore or Gold Coast campuses and selection based on:
- Applicants must reside within the Northern NSW.
- Applicants must be enrolling to study any Bachelor degree at the Southern Cross University Coffs Harbour, Lismore or Gold Coast campuses.
- Applicants must either personally fall into the Lord’s Taverners Northern NSW Inc’s definition of “disadvantaged” or demonstrate a commitment to work with young people who fall in this category.
- In keeping with the Lord’s Taverners’ objective of “giving the young and disadvantaged a sporting chance”, the applicant must be able to demonstrate personal disadvantage, or the expressed desire to work with people who are disadvantaged in one or more categories including geographical isolation, financial disadvantage, marginalised and/or minority groups, and/or physical/intellectual disability.
- Applicants will be required to provide a 100-word introductory statement including reasons as to why they need the scholarship.
- The selection committee will also consider the applicants personal maturity and social responsibility as evidenced by contributions to the community and by the comments of the school/college Principal or nominee.