Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is an Australian Government website that lists all Australian education providers that offer courses to people studying in Australia on student visas and the courses offered.
Only CRICOS courses can be offered to international students studying in Australia on a student visa and only registered education providers can deliver courses for overseas students. CRICOS lists all registered providers and courses available to student visa holders in Australia. Information in CRICOS and PRISMS (Provider Registration and International Students Management System) form the basis of the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE).
To become CRICOS registered, a provider must demonstrate that it complies with the requirements of the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (National Code)
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is responsible for assessing applications for inclusion on the CRICOS and may approve that a provider be registered on CRICOS. Only CRICOS-registered providers can offer programs to overseas students in Australia on student visas.
- Applying for CRICOS registration
- Changing CRICOS registration
- Renewing CRICOS registration
- Withdrawing CRICOS registration
- Adding courses of study to CRICOS registration
- Courses should not be promoted to prospective students until they have been registered on CRICOS.
- The National Code requires providers to notify TEQSA of certain events, such as a change of details on CRICOS register.
- Notifications and approvals required
- Some notifications have timeframes specified in the National Code and the ESOS Act:
For more information on CRICOS registration, refer to the CRICOS Frequently Asked Questions
The Office of Planning, Quality and Review looks after the registration process for all CRICOS applications. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Southern Cross University Process for CRICOS course registration
Visit here for information and forms (login required)
- CRICOS Approval Process 2021
- CRICOS Application Forms for Faculty