2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to basic legal skills as well as the nature and structure of the Australian system of government. Because contracts and consumer rights underpin business and commerce, students focus on the law of contract and related statutes such as the Australian Consumer Law.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the Australian Constitution and its significance for the governance of Australia;|
|2||describe Australia's system of government;|
|3||explain the roles of statute and common law in commerce and business;|
|4||identify issues and basic principles and apply them to resolve legal problems;|
|5||appraise the role of ethics in contract law;|
|6||understand the law regarding agency;|
|7||use correct case citation and academic referencing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the Australian Constitution and its significance for the governance of Australia;
- describe Australia's system of government;
- explain the roles of statute and common law in commerce and business;
- identify issues and basic principles and apply them to resolve legal problems;
- appraise the role of ethics in contract law;
- understand the law regarding agency;
- use correct case citation and academic referencing.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.