Domestic students fee information

Within the Domestic Fee group you may fall into one of two sub categories.

Commonwealth-Supported Students

Commonwealth supported students are eligible to receive financial subsidy for their study from the Australian Government. The vast majority of students who pay Commonwealth-Supported fees are eligible domestic students who are studying:

  • a diploma (that is not accredited as a vocational education and training (VET) award);
  • an advanced diploma (that is not accredited as a VET award);
  • an associate degree;
  • a bachelor degree; or
  • an honours program.

Some postgraduate courses may be Commonwealth Supported. Please check our Course Options.

The Australian Government contributes substantially to the cost of a Commonwealth-supported student’s education. The remaining fee amount is called the Student Contribution Amount (SCA). This is the amount for which you will be liable. You are charged the SCA for every unit in which you are enrolled as a Commonwealth supported student. The fee is charged upon enrolment in the unit of study and incurred on census date.

For further information select from the links below:

Fee Paying Students (or Non Commonwealth-Supported Students)

A fee-paying student (or a non Commonwealth-supported student) includes any domestic student who is paying the full (unsubsidised) tuition fee for a unit of study. This includes all students undertaking a single unit of study, most postgraduate students and a small handful of undergraduate students. To check whether your course is fee paying or Commonwealth-Supported visit our Course Options.

A postgraduate student is someone studying a:

  • Graduate Certificate;
  • Graduate Diploma;
  • Masters degree; or
  • Doctoral degree.

A student can enrol in a single unit of study for personal interest or professional development. The unit/s of study undertaken does not contribute to a course of study and no award will be conferred upon completion. Study for single units may be undertaken in any study period (subject to availability) including Session 3.

For further information select from the links below:

For non-award or single unit study fees, see the relevant undergraduate or postgraduate fee page.

Visit the Study Assist website for information on assistance available to fee-paying students (i.e. FEE-HELP).

Top of Page