2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Evaluates the models and frameworks for innovation and entrepreneurial thinking, including business models, design processes, intra- and entrepreneurship and associated theoretical paradigms. Students will explore idea generation, creative design thinking, testing, business model adaptation and resilience as well as the ethical, social and environmental considerations associated with contemporary hotels.
The unit contains the following 6 topics:
- Nature of innovation in hotels
- Types of innovation and associated business models
- Business model frameworks: Improving the hotel customer experience
- Business model canvas: creative design thinking and technology transfer
- Market analysis and positioning: innovative restaurant and lodging concepts
- Achieving success through innovation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Critically examine the various forms of innovation and its enablers|
|2||Analyse the concept of Smart Hotels as an innovation driver|
|3||Critique the principles of Innovation frameworks and business model generation in the contemporary hotel environment|
|4||Evaluate the relationship between the hotel customer experience and innovation strategies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Critically examine the various forms of innovation and its enablers
- Analyse the concept of Smart Hotels as an innovation driver
- Critique the principles of Innovation frameworks and business model generation in the contemporary hotel environment
- Evaluate the relationship between the hotel customer experience and innovation strategies
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.