2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Gives students an introduction to the foundation of cybersecurity including its technical, technological, human and legal aspects. Students will be able to define, identify and explain the necessary security measures, mechanisms and services needed for incorporation into overall enterprise information systems, both managed 'in-house' and 'out-sourced' to third party providers.
1. Basic concepts of cyber security
2. Cyber risk management
3. Host, data and application security
4. The security of distributed systems
5. Personnel security
6. Cyber security ethics and administration in SME
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe and apply the key principles of cyber security|
|2||identify and classify different types of cyber security threats and discuss various mitigation strategies through appropriate techniques|
|3||differentiate spheres of security|
|4||explain and demonstrate cyber security ethics and administration processes|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe and apply the key principles of cyber security
- identify and classify different types of cyber security threats and discuss various mitigation strategies through appropriate techniques
- differentiate spheres of security
- explain and demonstrate cyber security ethics and administration processes
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.