Expands on the theory and techniques in Calculus and Linear Algebra. Topics include sequences and series, vector and inner product spaces, and linear transformations.
Module 1: Further Topics in Differentiation and Integration
Module 2: Sequences and Series
Module 3: Power Series
Module 4: Linear Algebra and Vector Spaces (including Basis and Dimension)
Module 5: Fundamental Spaces and Linear Transformations
Module 6: Inner Product, Diagonalisation and Orthogonality
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use the concepts and techniques of calculus, such as sequences and series|
|2||formulate the concepts and techniques of linear algebra, such as vector and inner product spaces and transformations|
|3||proficiency in applying mathematical techniques within calculus and linear algebra to application problems|
|4||communicate mathematical ideas, processes and results effectively|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use the concepts and techniques of calculus, such as sequences and series
- formulate the concepts and techniques of linear algebra, such as vector and inner product spaces and transformations
- proficiency in applying mathematical techniques within calculus and linear algebra to application problems
- communicate mathematical ideas, processes and results effectively
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.