2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Learners explore contemporary impacts to women's health and disease through the understanding of pathology in women's health. Learners will explore models of care to achieve woman-centred health care and critically describe appropriate integrative approaches to managing diseases specific to women. Learners will also be equipped to recognise acute emergencies in women's health and seek appropriate courses of action.
- Influences on women's health through the lifespan
- Functional and organic pathology in women’s health
- Models of care and women's health
- Integrative approaches to women’s health
- Common health issues specific to women's health
- Acute emergencies in women’s health
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss women's health and disease through the lifespan|
|2||critically analyse health care models specific to woman centeredness|
|3||critically describe integrative approaches to manage women’s health|
|4||recognise acute emergencies in women’s health in contemporary health care|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss women's health and disease through the lifespan
- critically analyse health care models specific to woman centeredness
- critically describe integrative approaches to manage women’s health
- recognise acute emergencies in women’s health in contemporary health care
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.