2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Provides an introduction to the role of nutrition for health and physical activity. The unit considers common dietary assessment and analysis methods. It also explores healthy eating guidelines and their application to support general health, well-being, fitness and performance.
- Nutrition planning and assessment foundations
- Food and nutrients: carbohydrate and protein
- Food and nutrients: lipids, micronutrients and alcohol
- Energy balance, body composition and health
- Nutrition to support exercise and sport performance and recovery
- Nutrition advice in action
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate a basic nutrition assessment using common methods|
|2||explain the roles of food/nutrients, energy balance and body composition in health and physical activity|
|3||apply the Australian healthy eating guidelines to provide general advice on nutrition, including strategies to improve exercise performance and recovery and body composition, working individually and in groups.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a basic nutrition assessment using common methods
- explain the roles of food/nutrients, energy balance and body composition in health and physical activity
- apply the Australian healthy eating guidelines to provide general advice on nutrition, including strategies to improve exercise performance and recovery and body composition, working individually and in groups.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.