2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
This unit examines occupations of a person and the impact of occupational performance limitations on activities of daily living through activity analysis. Students will explore the personal and environmental factors that affect occupational performance and develop skills in the assessment, enhancement, maintenance and restoration of occupations. There will be an introduction to assistive technology to support occupational performance.
- Occupational, activity and task analysis
- Occupational therapy process
- Application of occupational therapy models of practice for assessment and intervention
- Personal care routines and tasks and the importance of these activities to human occupation
- Factors that impact occupational performance of activities of daily living
- Assistive technology to enhance occupational performance
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse occupations, activities and tasks for an individual|
|2||analyse person and environmental factors that impact occupational performance|
|3||safely demonstrate use of adaptive equipment to support occupational performance|
|4||identify, design and justify intervention strategies to enhance occupational performance in low complexity scenarios|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse occupations, activities and tasks for an individual
- analyse person and environmental factors that impact occupational performance
- safely demonstrate use of adaptive equipment to support occupational performance
- identify, design and justify intervention strategies to enhance occupational performance in low complexity scenarios
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.