2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Students are introduced to the podiatry profession in a clinical setting and the associated roles and responsibilities of patient care.
- Practicing within a clinical setting
- Application of legal and regulatory frameworks pertaining to infection control
- Workplace health and safety
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Communication, referral and medical record keeping
- Conducting a podiatry consultation
- Engaging in reflection on learning in the clinical setting
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||reflect on learning in the clinical environment and develop learning plans|
|2||demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills with diverse client groups|
|3||demonstrate competency and capability with clinical systems, procedures and medical records in podiatric practice|
|4||apply and practice within relevant legal and regulatory frameworks|
|5||perform physical examination and provide safe care to healthy clients|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- reflect on learning in the clinical environment and develop learning plans
- demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills with diverse client groups
- demonstrate competency and capability with clinical systems, procedures and medical records in podiatric practice
- apply and practice within relevant legal and regulatory frameworks
- perform physical examination and provide safe care to healthy clients
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.