2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Provides students with the opportunity to develop their learning and teaching by being immersed in a Secondary school environment. Before the placement, students undertake an orientation to prepare for the expectations and requirements of the professional environment. During the placement, students record and reflect on their experiences as informed by relevant course content and professional standards and principles. After the placement, students submit a logbook as evidence of their engagement in the professional environment.
This placement unit consists of two phases, with the placement days being situated in the second phase.
- Professional expectations and requirements
- Revisiting professional standards and principles
- Revisiting course themes and concepts
- Recording experiences
- Observation and application of standards, principles and practices
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||understand and meet the expectations and requirements of a professional environment.|
|2||understand, observe and apply standards and principles in a professional environment.|
|3||critically record relevant examples of professional practice.|
|4||critically and creatively reflect on professional experiences.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand and meet the expectations and requirements of a professional environment.
- understand, observe and apply standards and principles in a professional environment.
- critically record relevant examples of professional practice.
- critically and creatively reflect on professional experiences.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.