Welcome to the UniMentor Program
New students and their UniMentors can meet face-to-face, communicate online via email, text or catch up on Facebook.
Students who have successfully completed two or more sessions of study at Southern Cross University can become a UniMentor.
This is a free service for students, by students.
To find a UniMentor and get access to other helpful resources:
- Login to the SCU Portal
- Select the quick links bookmark symbol (top right corner), then select UniMentor or visit here
- When you first access this site, please click on +ENROL and submit then Ok
- Select the Find a Mentor tab in the left-hand menu.
You can filter your search by location and School. To select the right UniMentor for you, click on their profile - it's that simple!
Your UniMentor will receive an email to let them know you have selected them. They will get in touch with you initially via your student email address.
Also check out the New Student Info tab for other handy resources.
Students who have successfully completed the equivalent of one year of study at SCU can volunteer to become a UniMentor.
UniMentors complete training and undertake the duties of the UniMentor role, including:
- arranging to meet with mentees (face-to-face or online) during the study session;
- keeping in regular contact with their mentees;
- being available to offer support and assistance, or refer mentees to services; and
- respecting the privacy and confidentiality of mentees.
At the end of each session, our UniMentors receive a certificate of acknowledgement which can be added to their resume to demonstrate skills such as leadership and communication.
UniMentors are not expected to be academic tutors. The amount of time it takes to help mentees can vary, but most UniMentors say they spend less than one hour per week.
- Step 1 – Visit here to watch the Training Recording (On your first visit you will need to choose +ENROL, SUBMIT and OK)
- Step 2 – Visit here to read through the UniMentor Handbook
- Step 3 – Email email@example.com to let us know you have completed these steps and provide your student number.
Once a student has completed Unimentor training they are able to create a profile on the UniMentor site.
This profile includes a short bio and other information for potential mentees. UniMentors can also choose the number of mentees that they are available to assist.
The UniMentor team is here to support Mentors and Mentees on-campus and online at firstname.lastname@example.org
"It is an awesome experience not just because you get to help others, but also because you get to develop more insight regarding your strengths and weaknesses." - UniMentor
For further information please contact the UniMentor Team at email@example.com
This video shows what is involved in being a mentor in the UniMentor program.