Essential Energy Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship
This scholarship offers support to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students studying across Essential Energy’s footprint to help to expand their career opportunities, offering potential paid work experience and potential employment post completion of studies.
See Applying for a scholarship for details on application process
$10,000.00 per year for up to 3 years.
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
A current student entering their second, third, or fourth year of an undergraduate degree at Southern Cross University listed below:
- Bachelor of Business Enterprise (any major)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Digital Media (Communications)
Applicants applying for this scholarship must:
- Identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or both and be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Be enrolled (full-time or part time) with Southern Cross University either on campus or online.
- Will be as a minimum second year students at Southern Cross University in 2023.
- Have achieved a minimum of a pass average across all subjects while studying at Southern Cross University so far.
- The standard of their Personal Introductory Statement (100–200 words) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship, how it would benefit them and what they hope to achieve in the future through the completion of their chosen degree.
- Candidates previous academic history or other meritorious achievements may be considered as part of the selection process.
- Students may need to undertake an interview.
- Students will also be given the opportunity to undertake paid work experience during the University break if they so choose. This is to be negotiated between student and Essential Energy directly.