Psychologists for Community Scholarship
This scholarship supports students studying the Master of Professional Psychology to address the need for psychologists from diverse backgrounds in regional, rural and remote Australia.
Apply online. Follow the instructions on the online application form.
Closing date: 7 February 2022 5 pm (EST).
$10,000 per person per annum (pro-rata for part-time study). Administered through a tuition waiver.
- The applicant has accepted an offer into the Master of Professional Psychology in 2022.
- The student is a citizen or permanent resident of Australia and New Zealand or the holder of an Australian issued Permanent Humanitarian Visa.
- The student demonstrates one of more of the following attributes:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse background (CALD) language other than English
- Rural or remote background (have lived in a rural or remote area of Australia as defined by the 2016 Australian Geography Standard Remoteness Structure for at least 12 months)
- Sole parent responsibilities – receiving a Centrelink payment
- Carer responsibilities - receiving a Centrelink payment
- Experiencing financial hardship – receiving a Centrelink payment.
- Currently hold a Postgraduate award in psychology
- Currently hold another scholarship valued at $5,000 or more.
Selection will be based upon an assessment of the degree of disadvantage being faced by the scholarship applicant and the applicant’s response to the following:
- In 250 words, a personal introductory statement supplied on the scholarship application which includes:
- Why you wish to become a registered psychologist
- How attaining a regstration as a general psychologist will be used to help your local community
- In what way you are disadvantaged or identify as low socio economic status
- Anything else that you would like to bring to the attention of the scholarship selection committee.