International Women’s Day Scholarship
This scholarship will support a current student to continue to achieve outstandingly in her studies. The scholarship will form part of the celebrations of International Women’s Day.
International Women’s Day celebrates and acknowledges the achievements of women globally on 8 March each year.
$5,000 for one yearSee Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments
Course of study
Any course at Southern Cross University in 2024 for a continuing student who has completed at least one full-time term
Hear previous recipient Olivia Dalaf's story
On the SCU Buzz podcast, Olivia discusses her education journey from Syria to Southern Cross as a biomedical science student.
Applicants for this Scholarship must:
- Be a current female student.
- Be studying full-time at Southern Cross University in 2024 at either Coffs Harbour (including National Marine Science Centre), Lismore or Gold Coast (including Coomera Creative) campus.
- The student must have completed at least one full-time term or either undergraduate or postgraduate study on campus at Southern Cross University.
- They must have excellent GPA.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic merit AND
- An assessment of a personal introductory statement by the applicant (up to 200 words) which includes why the applicant is applying for the scholarship and how the degree will be used to help others. Please note that this statement will be published as part of the International Women’s Day celebrations to be held in March each year.